[rpd] Appeal against softlanding-bis declaration of consensus

Andrew Alston Andrew.Alston at liquidtelecom.com
Thu Jan 11 19:16:54 UTC 2018

Heh, you know, I’ve been thinking

People keep claiming that Sander referred to a community of sheep – which – I don’t believe he said – and it’s mis-quoted and taken entirely out of context.

However – let me now say it –

I do not believe we are a community of sheep – because I see many many people who are actively saying “NO” to things that would hurt the interests of this continent.  At the same time – I see many people – who instead of fighting policy with fact – are arguing day in and day out that we SHOULD be a community of sheep – and fall in line behind those that quite frankly – may lead us off a cliff.

You want to know sheep – sheep are those who stand at the microphone at the PDP with little slips of paper and read them to say things about policies – but when called back to the microphone can’t explain what they themselves have just said – because they are just parroting whatever someone told them to say.   Sheep are those who come out and say +1 to this policy – but don’t actually know what’s in it – they are just following the herd and have not actually read through to understand the implications.  Sheep are people who cannot justify their support of the policy – other than to say “we support it”.  Sheep are people who CLAIM to be going to produce all sorts of evidence about how things are nonsensical by the following day – and never deliver on those promises.

Those are sheep – so are we a community of sheep? No – but we sure as hell have enough sheep to make me many nice woollen jackets to keep me warm in the dark cold days ahead when we get lead off a cliff by people who don’t have any concept about the industry in general.

Andrew