[rpd] Appeal against softlanding-bis declaration of consensus

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Thu Jan 11 17:56:03 UTC 2018

Badru,

Assuming that misquote is the correct word (vs. “miss quote” (A young lady whose last name is quote) or mosquito (a blood sucking insect)), then the message from Marcus is, indeed, most disturbing as it means that he is saying he is willing to deliberately distort the truth in order to drive his agenda on the list. Further, he’s making a direct ad hominem attack against another list member (who does happen to be an honest person in my experience and who I believe is generally as innocent as anyone else on the list) and suggesting that person limit their participation in the community.

This is entirely inappropriate behavior on the part of Marcus. It violates the list Code of Conduct.

I agree with you about the apparent clear intent of Marcus’ message, but in such case, his clear intent is a violation of the list code of conduct and the reactions from Andrew and Mark seem justified as such.

Owen