[rpd] Softlanding-Bis decision appeal

Frank Habicht geier at geier.ne.tz
Wed Jan 3 13:00:47 UTC 2018

Hi,

On 1/3/2018 3:45 PM, Noah wrote:
> Hi Frank,
>
> I believe your points raised above were addressed and repeated many
> times and archives are there, but just to retariate that;
>
> 1. The global community accepted in 2009 a softlanding policy which
> granted AFRINIC just like other regions this last /8.

Yes.

> 2. AFRINIC would not have had that last /8 if the  normal allocation
> rules had continued to the end on IANA pool (need based and 1st come,
> 1st serve)

Yes.

> 3. The last /8 which is a subject of the current softlanding policy and
> all the proposals we've seen to amend it was meant for specific
> purposes. Please
> read  https://www.afrinic.net/en/library/policies/current/135-afpub-2009-v4-001
> <https://www.afrinic.net/en/library/policies/current/135-afpub-2009-v4-001>

Yes.

> 4. Nobody, not even AFRINIC is locking useful numbering resources as
> allocations will continue as usual, folks are encouraged to adopt IPv6
> and provision is made for resource members to facilitate the transition.

As per the softlanding policy already in place.
And the need to change to more stringent criteria ... ?
... is in my opinion not something we have a consensus about.

I believe if you say there is a consensus and I say there is no
consensus, then the conclusion is that there is no consensus between us,
or even in the larger group.

Would you agree to these statements?

Frank