[rpd] Draft Procedure for Removal of an NRO NC/ASO AC Member (off-topic)

sm+afrinic at elandsys.com sm+afrinic at elandsys.com
Thu Dec 14 11:58:17 UTC 2017

Hi Lee,

[Not speaking for the Board]

At 07:23 AM 12-12-2017, Lee Howard wrote:
>The members of the NRO Numbers Council are elected to represent the
>African community, which may not always 100% coincide with the
>AFRINIC community. As I remember the Memorandum of Understanding,
>AFRINIC runs the elections, but representation on the Numbers
>Council, and especially in their role as Advisory Council to ICANN,
>is independent of AFRINIC. The African community has three
>representatives on the NRO NC (the ASO AC): two elected by the
>community, and one appointed by the Board.

The Regional Internet Registry for this service region has three
members on the Number Resource Organization Number Council.  There
are two individual members of the Number Resource Organization Number
Council who are selected by the regional policy forum.  The procedure
for the selection is published at
https://www.afrinic.net/en/community/elections/nro-aso-election  The
Address Supporting Organization consists of the members of the Number
Resource Organization Number Council.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy