[rpd] Another opposition

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Tue Dec 5 23:45:00 UTC 2017

This is an ad hominem attack which has no place on this list or in the policy process.

While I respect your right to disagree with Andrew (and me and anyone else), I urge you to
disagree on the merits of the proposal and not with personal attacks.

While you may legitimately believe that locking up resources such that they can effectively never be
used is somehow in the best interests of the community, and that is your right, I will point out that
neither Andrew nor I have taken to calling you names or making accusations about your motivations
on the subject.

I assure you that all of the opinions I have expressed are based on what I believe to be the best
interests of the larger community and not on any personal gain nor on any gain for any of the
organizations that I work with/for.

I notice that you haven’t provided any concrete basis on which your position is built, nor any
fact-based counter-argument to the objections raised to this proposal.

Is ad hominem really all that you have on which to base your support for this proposal?

Owen