[rpd] Softlanding-Bis decision appeal

Andrew Alston Andrew.Alston at liquidtelecom.com
Fri Dec 1 09:55:05 UTC 2017

Kangamutima,

Believe me when I say, I am very well acquainted with the provisions of the appeal process and we plan to follow it to the letter.  I have reached out to the co-chairs – however – the policy is clear – it states:

5.2 When a complainant decides to file an appeal, An appeal must include the following information:

  1.  Brief description of the topic under appeal.
  2.  Date of the appeal.
  3.  Name and email address of complainant.
  4.  The complaint must be supported by three (3) persons who have participated in the discussions relating to the matter under appeal.8<https://afrinic.net/community/policy-development/policy-appeal/2243-appeal-committee-terms-of-reference-v2#aperson4> (That is, three (3) persons other than the complainant.)9<https://afrinic.net/community/policy-development/policy-appeal/2243-appeal-committee-terms-of-reference-v2#aperson4> Said support must be expressed by an email message from each of the supporters to the Appeal committee. Each of these email messages must include a statement that the individual participated in discussions attempting to resolve the dispute and that those discussions failed to resolve the dispute.
  5.  Date of the decision made by the Chair(s).
  6.  Reference to an announcement of the decision which is being appealed. Such reference can be a recording url, rpd list url, or verbal quote of the Chair’s decision during the public policy meeting
  7.  Evidence of a failed attempt to resolve the disagreement through discussion.
  8.  Any additional material the complainant feels is relevant to the situation and will assist the committee in its deliberations.
  9.  The appeal must be filed no more than two weeks (14 calendar days) after the action that is being appealed.10<https://afrinic.net/community/policy-development/policy-appeal/2243-appeal-committee-terms-of-reference-v2#theAppeal10>
All of those items will be forthcoming in due course.  I also put forward that the policy states that any engagement with the chairs over the subject does NOT have to be made in public. It states we MAY choose that course – at this point – we have not chosen to do it that way.

Thanks

Andrew