[rpd] Implementation of transfer policy AFPUB-2016-V4-003

Noah noah at neo.co.tz
Thu Aug 24 14:44:35 UTC 2017

On Wed, Aug 16, 2017 at 2:50 PM, Alan Barrett <alan.barrett at afrinic.net>
wrote:

> Dear community,

Dear Alan,

As you are aware, the policy proposal AFPUB-2016-V4-003-DRAFT03
> "IPv4 Resources transfer within the AFRINIC Region” was ratified by
> the Board on 19 April 2017.
>
> In-line with article 3.4.5 of the Consolidated Policy Manual, a ratified
> policy proposal should usually be implemented within 6 months after the end
> of last call -  which is 16 August 2017 (6 months after the last call date
> of 16 Feb 2017).
>
> AFRINIC staff have requested an extension until 31 October 2017, and the
> Board has approved the extension.
>
> Implementing this policy requires at least the following work:

## RSA modifications

> The existing Registration Service agreement (RSA) prohibits transfer of
> address space. A revised RSA addressing this and other small issues is
> being drafted and will shared with the community soon.

I am noticing this still being done despite the supremacy that the policies
have over the RSA and this is clearly stated by the current RSA at
sections  *6.c*, *6.d.i* and *6.d.ii* as per below excepts from [1]

**********
6. Acknowledgements

The Applicant:

*(c) Acknowledges that it will at all times comply with the policies
developed and approved by the members of AFRINIC, in Public Policy
Meetings, relating to the use of services applied to:*
(i) IP Address Space Numbering Resources (IPv4 and IPv6);
(ii) ASN resources;
(iii) reverse DNS management;
(iv) other related services as agreed by the community.

(d) Acknowledges :
*(i) that this agreement shall at all times be subjected to policies
adopted and to be adopted by the AFRINIC Internet Community; *

(ii)* that this agreement shall at all times be subjected to such global
policies, adopted and to be adopted by all RIRs ,which have first been
approved by the AFRINIC Internet Community through its policy development
process*

If I may, what is the final objective of this exercise?

1. To make the RSA more superior over the policies?
2. To make policies comply to the RSA and keep changing RSA before adopting
policies?

Cheers,
Noah

[1]https://www.afrinic.net/en/services/rs/rsa