[rpd] Update old policy title for grammar/spelling ??

Arsène Tungali arsenebaguma at gmail.com
Tue Aug 22 09:00:01 UTC 2017

I don't see any reason why we shouldn't.
And I salute Afrinic for having shared this with the community!

> I support the proposal to correct the title.
>
> Thank you
>
> Best Regards
>
> On 8/21/17, Bill Woodcock <woody at pch.net> wrote:
>> I support this!
>>
>> Also, "criteria" is the plural, "criterion" is the singular.
>>
>>                 -Bill
>>

>>> On Aug 21, 2017, at 06:42, Daniel Shaw <daniel at afrinic.net> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello AFRINIC policy community,
>>>
>>> There is currently a policy related document included in the AFRINIC web
>>> site who's title is mis-spelled.
>>>
>>> Before getting this updated internally, we'd like to get the community's
>>> input. Why? Because this is changing the known title of a public
>>> document,
>>> which has been as it is for quite some time.
>>>
>>> Luckily, the URL will not need to change. Nor will any of the content of
>>> the document itself. Only the title.
>>>
>>> The current URL to the document in question is:
>>> http://www.afrinic.net/library/policies/current/255-afpub-2006-asn-001
>>>
>>> The title that we'd like to change is currently:
>>>
>>> "Policy to Change Criterias for ASN Assignments in AfriNIC Region"
>>>
>>> The problem is the word "Criterias" - the correct plural of "Criteria"
>>> is
>>> also just "Criteria". Having an "s" suffix is not correct English.
>>>
>>> We feel that most important is to document the policy as per the
>>> original
>>> author's proposal. But we have noted that the discussion of this policy
>>> update in the list archives correctly uses "criteria" in the email
>>> subject
>>> correctly.
>>>
>>> Reference: https://lists.afrinic.net/pipermail/rpd/2005/000007.html
>>>
>>> However, from the first time it was added to the AFRINIC web site, it's
>>> been incorrect. This can be seen in the archive of the old site here:
>>> https://web.archive.org/web/20060207224651/http://www.afrinic.net:80/docs/policies/drafts/afpol-chgasn200508.htm
>>> And later also once ratified can be seen in a 2010 snapshot here:
>>> https://web.archive.org/web/20100612153637/http://www.afrinic.net/docs/policies/AFPUB-2006-ASN-001.htm

>>> currently
>>> at
>>> http://www.afrinic.net/library/policies/current/255-afpub-2006-asn-001,
>>> and all future publications of the document "AFPUB-2006-ASN-001", such
>>> that the title changes *from* "Criterias" and changing *to* "Criteria".
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Daniel Shaw

> --
> Barrack O. Otieno
> +254721325277
> +254733206359
> Skype: barrack.otieno
> PGP ID: 0x2611D86A

------------------------
**Arsène Tungali* <http://about.me/ArseneTungali>*
Co-Founder & Executive Director, *Rudi international
<http://www.rudiinternational.org>*,
CEO,* Smart Services Sarl <http://www.smart-serv.info>*, *Mabingwa Forum
<http://www.mabingwa-forum.com>*
Tel: +243 993810967
GPG: 523644A0
*Goma, Democratic Republic of Congo*

2015 Mandela Washington Felllow
<http://tungali.blogspot.com/2015/06/selected-for-2015-mandela-washington.html>
(YALI) - ISOC Ambassador (IGF Brazil
<http://www.internetsociety.org/what-we-do/education-and-leadership-programmes/next-generation-leaders/igf-ambassadors-programme/Past-Ambassadors>
& Mexico
<http://www.internetsociety.org/what-we-do/education-and-leadership-programmes/next-generation-leaders/Current-Ambassadors>)
- AFRISIG 2016 <http://afrisig.org/afrisig-2016/class-of-2016/> - Blogger
<http://tungali.blogspot.com> - ICANN Fellow (Los Angeles
<https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2014-07-18-en> & Marrakech
<https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/marrakech55-attendees-2016-03-14-en>
). AFRINIC Fellow (Mauritius
<http://www.afrinic.net/en/library/news/1907-afrinic-25-fellowship-winners>)*
- *IGFSA Member <http://www.igfsa.org/> - Internet Governance - Internet
Freedom.

Check the *2016 State of Internet Freedom in DRC* report (English
<http://cipesa.org/?wpfb_dl=234>) and (French
<http://cipesa.org/?wpfb_dl=242>)