[rpd] IPv4 Soft Landing BIS

Omo Oaiya Omo.Oaiya at wacren.net
Sat Aug 5 18:39:07 UTC 2017

> On 4 Aug 2017, at 11:49, Arnaud AMELINA <amelnaud at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Le 31 juil. 2017 17:54, "Owen DeLong" <owen at delong.com <mailto:owen at delong.com>> a écrit :
>> <snip>
>>
>> Not at all… If you want to write a policy that resolves this issue without the other baggage and problems present in this policy, I would support a clean policy designed to address that issue and make space available to ANYONE specifically for IPv6 to IPv4 connectivity/transition. In fact, I wrote such a policy in the ARIN region years ago and it is now NRPM section 4.10 in the ARIN region.
>> >

> I don't really know how things work in ARIN region, but the proposal which led to section 4.10 of ARIN NRPM was authored by Alain Durand.
>
> https://www.arin.net/policy/proposals/2008_5.html <https://www.arin.net/policy/proposals/2008_5.html>
> http://lists.arin.net/pipermail/arin-ppml/2008-June/011277.html <http://lists.arin.net/pipermail/arin-ppml/2008-June/011277.html>
>

> Thanks
>
> Regads
>
> Arnaud.

Thanks for pointing this out Arnaud.

Owen,

Is there another policy that led to NRPM 4.10?  I am confused.

Regardless, what is evident is that reserving numbers for IPv6 transition made sense for ARIN as we believe it does for AfriNIC in SL-BIS.  The rational of Alain’s proposal in 2008 is validated by the presentation he has made on the state of IPv6 uptake in AfriNIC-25.  I really hope others can see the fallacy in your arguments.

* https://meeting.afrinic.net/afrinic-25/components/com_afmeeting/speakers/678/IPv6-GDP-Afrinic.pdf <https://meeting.afrinic.net/afrinic-25/components/com_afmeeting/speakers/678/IPv6-GDP-Afrinic.pdf>

—
Omo Oaiya
CTO/Directeur Technique, WACREN
Mobile: +234 806 4522778, +221 784 305 224
Skype: kodion
http://www.wacren.net