[rpd] Blocks for code of conduct violation

SamiSalih sami at ntc.gov.sd
Fri Aug 4 14:57:43 UTC 2017

Dear Community,

We appreciate your enthusiasm to participate in the RPD and contribute with your valuable opinions. It’s common in such group of professional people to differ on issues, indeed it helps make the discussion more constructive.

It’s also common to react passionately since we are dealing with some of the most important resources in our continent. However we are counting on your wisdom to put aside any personal attacks and tolerate comments coming from your colleagues in this community.

You all know invoking CoC and banning persons from posting is so easy task to implement, but it’s too hard to stop our colleagues from sharing their ideas, indeed we as a community need every single contribution and we believe every post is one of the building blocks in our process.

Hence, We urge you to utilize this facility effectively but in a nice and respectful way. Perhaps we should have community members volunteer as list monitors to call out infractions of the code of conduct for the purpose of sanctioning all offenders in real time?

An email will follow to expand on unacceptable behavior and the consequences.

PDWG Co-chairs

Dr. Sami Salih | Assistant Professor
Sudan University of Science and Technology
Eastern Dum, P.O Box 11111-407
email: sami.salih at sustech.edu
Mob: +249122045707