[rpd] Blocks for code of conduct violation

Alan Barrett alan.barrett at afrinic.net
Fri Aug 4 10:14:32 UTC 2017

Dear community,

It has been brought to my attention that I misinterpreted the words “He is not welcome”.  I understood those words as  a statement that somebody was not welcome to participate in the RPD list, but others understood them to refer to participation in the Appeal Committee.

I am therefore removing the moderation status aginst Marcus Adomey.

I fully agree with all the comments about the need for enforcement of the Code of Conduct to be fair.  There have been many messages which, in my opinion, violate the code of conduct, but no action has been taken.  I took action in this case because I believed it to be more serious than other cases, but I was wrong to see it as more serious than other cases (as I explained above, I misinterpreted “He is not welcome”).

The PDWG co-chairs have agreed to enforce the code of conduct in future.

Alan Barrett
CEO, AFRINIC