[rpd] Appeal Committee Terms of Reference (Version 1)

Sander Steffann sander at steffann.nl
Fri Aug 4 07:53:17 UTC 2017

Hi Jackson,

> It was a private list and you (a sitting Board) and Sander (a sitting
> RIPE Chair) discovered the list was open by accident.
>
> A person of good integrity could have privately asked AfriNIC to
> adjust configuration of that list in order to protect the institution
> from embarrassment, rather than intentionally embarrass the
> institution by making all those findings public.

I didn't make anything public. I discussed what happened with board members and staff, and they fixed the problem. I didn't make a secret of it (that would be bad for transparency and accountability) but I didn't publish about it. The first time I made a public statement was during the AGMM when someone else brought up the topic to explain what happened.

Cheers,
Sander