[rpd] Appeal Committee Terms of Reference (Version 1)

Noah noah at neo.co.tz
Thu Aug 3 20:24:10 UTC 2017

On 3 Aug 2017 2:57 p.m., "Sunday Folayan" <sfolayan at gmail.com> wrote:

Dear JRH, PDWG,

Dear Chairman Afrinic Board,

Thank you for the various comments and questions on the Board's reasoning
RE: Appeal Committee's TOR.

Recall my initial email that we will not be responding to every comments
and conversation, but will put together and consider all comments at the
end of the comments period.

The Board continues to encourage an active discussion on the matter and we
will compile all views at the end of the comments period.

Good. Please see below.

Kindly make alternative proposals to whatever arrangement you consider not
appropriate in the current draft TOR as circulated.

Thanks you and I note that your query for suggestion sounds like an active
confirmation of the board inability to design an appeal committee which
 adheres to what we have been saying.

Kindly find below  suggestions.

Option 1
######

Seat 1 and seat 2 to past cochairs

Seat 3 and seat 4  for Afrinic community members with at least 2 years
participation in policy discussions (rpd and ppm). Board appoint or nomcom
process

Seat 5  board member

Option2
######

Seat 1 and seat 2 to past cochairs

Seat 3 and seat 4   board members

Seat 5  CoE

Option3
######

Seat 1 and seat 2 to past cochairs

Seat 3 for  afrinic community member with at least 2 years participation in
policy discussions (rpd and ppm). Board appointee  or nomcom process

Seat 4 CoE

Seat 5  board member

 Option 4
########

Seat 1 and seat 2 to past cochairs

Seat 3  region ASO/AC community elected representative

 seat 4 CoE

Seat 5  board member

In summary it would look like below.

1: past(2), community(2), board(1)
2: past(2), board(2), CoE(1)
3: past(2), community (1), coe(1),board(1)
4: past (2),ASO/AC community  (1), coe (1),board (1

It can keep going and more folk can add their comments and suggest

Goodnight,
Noah