[rpd] IPv4 Soft Landing BIS

herve.clement at orange.com herve.clement at orange.com
Thu Jul 27 09:24:55 UTC 2017

+1

-----Message d'origine-----
De : ALAIN AINA [mailto:aalain at trstech.net]
Envoyé : jeudi 27 juillet 2017 11:18
À : rpd
Objet : Re: [rpd] IPv4 Soft Landing BIS

> On 26 Jul 2017, at 22:16, Owen DeLong <owen at delong.com> wrote:

[…….]

>> Andrew takes the title now because he doesnt believe in any form of softlanding policy amendment beyond the status quo even though he authored a softlanding-overhaul policy proposal and then went on to withdraw it.
>
> He offered a less destructive alternative to this proposal as an attempt at a compromise that might serve the community. When the community requested and authors of both proposals agreed to withdraw their respective proposals, he acted in good faith to withdraw that proposal assuming that the authors of this proposal would do likewise based on their word. Sadly, the authors of this proposal did not follow through on that commitment and we find ourselves here with this proposal still standing despite community opposition and with you somehow claiming that the good faith withdrawal of the other proposal and the failure to act in good faith by the authors here somehow constitutes merit for this proposal.

We have responded to this many times, but you keep playing  it. So let me say it again.

1- there was no request from community about withdrawal of the 2 proposals
2- during AFRINIC-25 meeting in Mauritius, Authors of the SL-bis decided after the SL-overhaul was presented to not waste the working time by presenting and defending SL-bis and offered to work with the authors of the SL-overhaul and co-chairs to seek a common ground.
3- withdrawal of the 2 proposals was raised by the authors of the SL-overhaul, but never agreed  by the 2 parties as pre-conditions.
4- we all know what happen after Mauritius with efforts and attempts made by co-chairs and authors of SL-bis…

Hope this clarifies and closes this rhetoric

Thanks

—Alain