[rpd] "No Reverse Unless Assigned" policy

Arthur Carindal arthur at afrinic.net
Fri Jul 21 14:32:00 UTC 2017

Dear Alain

Please see my answers interlined.

[1] When the policy took effect in 2014, there were 207 Members non-compliant representing 4,925 domain objects. : https://www.afrinic.net/en/library/news/1211-implementation-of-the-no-reverse-unless-assigned-policy <https://www.afrinic.net/en/library/news/1211-implementation-of-the-no-reverse-unless-assigned-policy>

>>  Since that date we have been sending reminders to register PA assignments. As of 30 June 2017, only 88  (46% of these 188)  are still non compliant.
>
> That represents how many domain objects ?

[2] As of 21 July 2017, our db recorded 35 members still not compliant representing 791 domain objects. As you can notice, since we are sending reminders to members, the number is going down.

> Do we know the reasons for non-compliance :
>
>  Lack of contacts(incorrect  contacts) ?
>  Understanding of the problem being solved ?
>  Difficulties with registering the PA assignments ?
>  Etc?

[3] The reasons are mainly due to
 1. Incorrect  contacts. We are still having some difficulties to reach some registered contacts
 2. Some members are taking long time to respond specifically on this issue.

>> AFRINIC has not yet deleted any of these delegations however the non-compliant members can’t proceed with rDNS service until they registered all PA assignments.
>
> Could you please elaborate a bit here ?

[4] So far  AFRINIC hasn’t yet disabled reverse delegation of any existing LIR not in compliance. In the meantime we emphasize on encouraging them to register their assignments/ sub-allocations in AFRINIC Whois (cf [2]).
I recall that for these existing members, the Whois doesn’t allow to register any additional reverse domain unless they registered  their PA assignments/ sub allocations.

Regards

Arthur Carindal