[rpd] Appeal Committee Terms of Reference (Version 1)

Andrew Alston Andrew.Alston at liquidtelecom.com
Wed Jul 19 17:17:42 UTC 2017

Hi SM,

It could address the concern if 5.3.f made it clear that the public knowledge of the decision is deemed to be from the date of publication of the referred to minutes, but that then needs to be explicit.  Without that being explicit, it could easily be construed that public knowledge of the lack of consensus, or consensus, for a given policy is known when the decision is announced on the floor of the policy meeting.  Obviously in the case of appeals against decisions made at the end of last call process, the 14 day countdown would begin once an email announcing the end of last call period is announced.  So what I am saying applies specifically to decisions made in the context of a public policy meeting.

I am not 2 bothered about if we count the 14 days from the date of the PDP meeting or the date of the publication of the minutes, but it needs to be explicitly stated.

Andrew

On 19/07/2017, 23:55, "S Moonesamy" <sm+afrinic at elandsys.com> wrote:

    Hi Andrew,

    [Not commenting for the Board]

    At 08:14 19-07-2017, Andrew Alston wrote:
    >The decision on lack of consensus on a policy is
    >often announced on the floor of the meeting and
    >may not be announced via email or via a linkable
    >reference for a fair while – it may be good to
    >catter for this scenario in the ToR.

    Please see the sentence in the policy development
    process about "minutes of proceedings of the
    Public Policy Meeting".  Does that address the above comment?

    Regards,
    S. Moonesamy