[rpd] Last Call for "AFPUB-2016-GEN-001-DRAFT-04 - Internet Number Resources Review by AFRINIC"

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Tue Jul 18 16:28:37 UTC 2017

> On Jul 15, 2017, at 16:13 , Boubakar Barry <boubakarbarry at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Sat, Jul 15, 2017 at 1:54 AM, Owen DeLong <owen at delong.com <mailto:owen at delong.com>> wrote:
>

> As neither I, nor my company have any direct AfriNIC resources, I have no selfish motive whatsoever in this policy.
>
> As we seem to be in a bizarre confusion season, allow me to be a bit confused: haven't you not claimed the contrary a couple of months ago on this same list?
>
> Boubakar
>

> Owen

Not at all.

I claimed that my company has operations on the African continent and that we are a community member.

That claim is true. Any AfriNIC resources we are using were issued to us by AfriNIC LIRs. Mostly we have deployed IP addresses from RIPE and/or APNIC for our operations in Africa.

I hope this clears up any confusion on the matter.