[rpd] Last Call for "AFPUB-2016-GEN-001-DRAFT-04 - Internet Number Resources Review by AFRINIC"

Christian Ahiauzu christian.ahiauzu at uniport.edu.ng
Tue Jul 18 14:47:33 UTC 2017

Hi All,

I have followed basically most of the discussions till this moment. I may
have missed some, but i didn't think i had anything to contribute till this
moment.
However, I decided to comment right now because of the last set of
communications between Millogo and Andrew. In as much as everyone is free
to act in which ever way he/she thinks is best for his/her organisation, we
should also have the interest of the community at heart. I am saying this
because of the seeming threat of "Appeal" going on for the decision taken
by the Co-Chairs.

One thing is clear. No decision can ever have 100% support by all persons
concerned, neither will it be to the benefit of the personal interest of
all. There would have also been a threat of "Appeal" should the decision
have favoured the other group. My point is that in all, it is AfriNIC and
the community at last that will suffer the consequence of such an appeal
process. The "Appeal" process will cost money and other resources, to be
born probably by the AfriNIC. So, its not just about testing the process.
It is also about what will save us the agony.

I would therefore appeal to all to thread cautiously so we don't spend more
than is required and discover that it was actually of no use.

BR.

*Christian Ahiauzu*
*Information And Communication Technology Center, *

*University of PortHarcourt,Mobile: +2348068610889*
*email: christian.ahiauzu at uniport.edu.ng <christian.ahiauzu at uniport.edu.ng>*
*          christian.ahiauzu at gmail.com <christian.ahiauzu at gmail.com>*
*          christianahiauzu at yahoo.com
<christianahiauzu at yahoo.com> (Personal matters only)*