[rpd] Last Call for "AFPUB-2016-GEN-001-DRAFT-04 - Internet Number Resources Review by AFRINIC"

Noah noah at neo.co.tz
Wed Jul 12 16:53:03 UTC 2017

On Wed, Jul 12, 2017 at 7:36 PM, Bill Woodcock <woody at pch.net> wrote:

> > So you mean ARIN with allocate and assign resources to an entity and
> ARIN would not really care whether the resources is utilized and as such
> they would not revoke it?
>
> ARIN is not a person with opinions, so it doesn’t “care” one way or the
> other.  ARIN is an organization, which follows a process, and the process
> is defined by the ARIN membership.

I didnt mean ARIN was a person and I know ARIN is a big league organisation
with members.

> The process is to review resource utilization at the time of each new
> request.  If someone makes a new request, but is not substantially
> utilizing their previous allocations, the new request will be denied,
> because that fails to demonstrate unfulfilled need.

Yes there is also point *2.b  and 2.d *also counts in the ARIN review
process and that point references* fraud and contravention of existing
policy and/or any other time without having to establish cause.*

*https://www.arin.net/policy/nrpm.html#twelve
<https://www.arin.net/policy/nrpm.html#twelve>*
12. Resource Review

   1. ARIN may review the current usage of any resources maintained in the
   ARIN database. The organization shall cooperate with any request from ARIN
   for reasonable related documentation.
   2. ARIN may conduct such reviews:
      1. when any new resource is requested,
      2. *whenever ARIN has reason to believe that the resources were
      originally obtained fraudulently or in contravention of existing
policy, or*
      3. whenever ARIN has reason to believe that an organization is not
      complying with reassignment policies, or
      4. *at any other time without having to establish cause unless a full
      review has been completed in the preceding 24 months.*

Cheers,
Noah