[rpd] Last Call for "AFPUB-2016-GEN-001-DRAFT-04 - Internet Number Resources Review by AFRINIC"

David Hilario d.hilario at laruscloudservice.net
Wed Jul 12 10:34:12 UTC 2017

Hi Christian,

On 12 July 2017 at 12:01, Bope Domilongo Christian
<christianbope at gmail.com> wrote:
> [Speaking on my own capacity]

I understand this to mean the "board hat" has been removed.

> I have been in support of this review policy proposal since its inception
> and have followed carefully the progression.
> My support counted in those who made the policy proposal enter the last
> call.
>
> I expect its adoption as this region really needs such a POLICY specifically
> in post IPV4 transition and for the sake of transparency and accountability
> of the management of public resources.

When it will be time for you to ratify the policy, with the "board
hat" back on, how can you possibly then ratify a policy that has a
direct negative feedback from the AFRINIC ltd's legal advisor from the
company you then represent?

A policy that potentially puts the company at risks according to the
legal advisor's own report.
Doesn't that puts you as a board of directors member, who is expected
to work in the best interest of the organisation "AFRINIC Ltd" in a
tough position to justify even considering passing such a policy, with
hat on or not.