[rpd] Last Call for "AFPUB-2016-GEN-001-DRAFT-04 - Internet Number Resources Review by AFRINIC"

ALAIN AINA aalain at trstech.net
Fri Jun 30 17:49:24 UTC 2017

> On 29 Jun 2017, at 08:32, Nishal Goburdhan <nishal at controlfreak.co.za> wrote:
>

>> On 29 Jun 2017, at 09:22, ALAIN AINA <aalain at trstech.net> wrote:

>>> i'm glad you agree.
>>> except, that's not what the policy text reads.
>>>
>>> i don't have a problem with audits;  but do it across the board (if at all).
>>> -then- determine, if, resource wise, this is useful, or not.
>>

>> The proposal  defines 3 classes:
>>
>> - random : limited to certain level of membership
>> - reported
>>
>> But  also
>> ***
>> 13.3.2 Selected
>> A member is selected because of an internal report or due to a lack of contact between the AFRINIC and the member.
>> *****
>> This class allows the review of  any member which according to AFRINIC does not comply
>

> thanks, i saw that.
> however, i did not understand the reason for "- random : limited to certain level of membership”

In case of non-compliance, higher impact.

> when you could simply write:
> “All resource members would be subjected to an audit, at least once every Z period”

By default all ressources are subjected  to an audit as specified by  RSA and the allocation/assignment policies.

The review policy proposal defines how AFRINIC could best conduct these reviews:

- Randomly select ressources
- Attend to reported  ressources
- Select ressources  for internal reasons

All at staff discretion...

> i think my text is cleaner, but i might be biased  :-)
>
> (and to give you some context, my bias would also ask afrinic to start with the resources referenced by the AIRRS report, if that’s still running!)

I don't know if AIRRS  is still running, but we do have a similar tool here: http://196.200.57.137/africa-bgp/

AFRINIC could this tool or any other to feed  the   "selected  class” and start immediately

—Alain