Search RPD Archives
[rpd] Last Call for "AFPUB-2016-GEN-001-DRAFT-04 - Internet Number Resources Review by AFRINIC"
dewole at forum.org.ng
Wed Jun 28 12:18:25 UTC 2017
Good day ladies and gentlemen,
It would appear that many rpd listers were very excitable over the long holiday weekend. After reading through several hours of emails from this group, it was disappointing to find that we descended into the realm of personal attacks and rumours.
As a mature adult in a public forum, you can disagree respectfully and make the ISSUES known without attacking the PERSON(s). We urge everyone to return to civility and tolerate (if not respect) the views of others. This working group is a forum for ALL interested parties to formulate and improve policies for the management of number resources in the AFRINIC service region and it is important to keep the environment conducive for discussions where everyone is free to respectfully share their opinions in a civil manner.
If you believe you have been falsely accused of wrongdoing outside these policy discussions and feel strongly about it, please take it up with your accusers outside rather than bring it up and cause a distraction in the middle of policy discussions. Many people here are busy and are part of this list to be able to follow policy discussions and engage constructively.
If anyone has specific knowledge of any unwholesome practices, please share with AFRINIC (the company) for necessary action. If the company does not address it to your satisfaction, bring it up on the members or community-discuss lists. If you feel the root cause of the issue can be better dealt with through policy, by all means start a policy discussion about the ISSUE and work with the community to formulate a policy AFTER the problem has been properly agreed upon.
This should serve as a general note of caution to all rpd list members. The AFRINIC Community Code of Conduct (https://afrinic.net/fr/community/code-of-conduct) assumes that we are all mature intellectuals and should not require endless babysitting. If you push your luck after this caution, you will find yourself removed with no notification of any sort. From that point, you can feel free to read the public archives to stay abreast of discussions.
In case anyone finds the above difficult to understand, the simple requirements are:
* Treat others with politeness and respect.
* Avoid behaviour or remarks that give offence or discriminate based on gender, sexual orientation, religion, race or ethnic origin, language, or other perceived social, cultural, or personal differences.
* Personal attacks or otherwise defamatory or discriminatory comments will not be tolerated.
* If you disagree with somebody, please state your opinion calmly and politely.
* Respect the agenda: Please keep your remarks on-topic for the relevant part of the meeting.
* Respect the timekeeping: Please keep your remarks reasonably short, and if the session leader closes the microphones before you have had chance to speak, then please return to your seat.
* Respect language differences, translators, and remote participants: Please speak slowly and clearly, and please use the microphones.
* Act in the best interests of the AFRINIC community at all times.
Thank you for your attention.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the RPD