[rpd] Last Call for "AFPUB-2016-GEN-001-DRAFT-04 - Internet Number Resources Review by AFRINIC"

SamiSalih sami at ntc.gov.sd
Thu Jun 22 11:48:58 UTC 2017

Dear Ashok B Radhakissoon,
AFRINIC Legal Adviser.

Thank you for drawing the co-chairs’ attention to your legal analysis of the policy proposal. (We thought you meant to draw the community’s attention instead).

The authors of the mentioned proposal were informed of the staff analysis that already included your legal assessment; we didn't receive any updated version of the proposal thereafter.

During the last face-to-face meeting, the community discussed the current version of the proposal where the staff and legal analysis was highlighted, and there was consensus to move the proposal to the next step (Last Call). We didn't hear any voice of objection either from community members or AFRINIC Staff, and that’s how we reached this stage.

As a way-forward, we recommend that authors consider the legal issues raised by AFRINIC and either reply to justify their views or submit a new version to satisfy the legal observations.

PDWG Co-Chairs

Dr. Sami Salih  | Assistant Professor
Sudan University of Science and Technology
Eastern Dum, P.O Box 11111-407
email: sami.salih at sustech.edu
Mob: +249122045707