[rpd] Anti-Shutdown

Chevalier du Borg virtual.borg at gmail.com
Sat Jun 10 14:03:16 UTC 2017

> I surmise that Chevalier is suggesting that I claim that the the UN would
> not have chosen to discuss the shutdown issue but for the AfriNIC policy
> proposal; I do not in fact make such a claim.

No you do not make such claim Bill.
What I do claim is that the anti-shutdown proposal (even if AfriNIC pdp is
wrong place to fix it) elevate the topic of shutdown even more. It is also
not the only thing. Other campaigner have been at this work of fighting
shutdown for some time.

> I just thought that people would be interested to see that the discussion
> is happening in the UN; that AccessNow is actively driving the process
> forward; and I independently related the fact that a number of people in
> other fora (most recently the CyCon meeting in Estonia last week) had
> expressed interest in the issue, and been pleasantly surprised to find it
> being brought forward by the AfriNIC discussion.

There is part of this community that see nothing but evil in the proposal.
And it not fully about the proposal. It is about one of the author. Those
people will find justification to deny that this proposal had impact (as is
already happening)

--
Borg le Chevalier