[rpd] Board Election 2017: Final Candidate Slate

Saul Stein saul at enetworks.co.za
Mon May 22 06:51:41 UTC 2017

>> Whenever a solid academic foundation has been ignored we have elevated
individuals into leadership roles and suffered negative outcomes.

>I'm sorry, but there is a huge difference between academic achievement
and leadership skills. Many people with great academic achievements are
horrible leaders, >and many good leaders have no academic background. Good
leaders usually are willing to learn, but stating that formal learning is
globally accepted as being critical >for leadership capabilities is far
fetched.

Agreed. Especially in this industry where the majority of people have IT
related certifications - which are far from a degree or diploma. The
majority of successful business are run by people with little or no formal
qualification. (well many countries too I guess - for better or for
worse.)

We need to look at the individual - are they fit for purpose? Do they have
a track record and ability for what they are applying for.