[rpd] [Community-Discuss] Controversial anti-shutdown policy discussed at RIPE

Ish Sookun ish at lsl.digital
Mon May 15 18:30:11 UTC 2017

Hi Yasir,

On 15/05/17 18:44, Mohammad Yasir Auleear wrote:
> If a newspaper from Mauritius is violating local laws to publish news, then
> I sincerely don't believe that they are above the law.

In fact, that's precisely why you should be favourable to the definition
change. The change asks for a court order to justify removal of content.
If an online publication has violated any local law then we leave it to
the courts to interprete the laws and issue an order rather than a
minister calling his friend at the ICT Authority to help him censor
content. :-)

Regards,

Ish Sookun