[rpd] [Community-Discuss] Controversial anti-shutdown policy discussed at RIPE

Ali Hussein ali at hussein.me.ke
Mon May 15 08:05:39 UTC 2017

Ish

Protests are an expression of freedom of association and speech. Shutting down the Internet because people are protesting is unjustified. The very Governments that are elected by the people should be responsible to the people. I can see where in some extreme (really extreme) circumstances where shut downs maybe be necessary. However, mechanisms MUST be put in place from the onset to justify such. And this must be a Multi- Stakeholder Consensus Building Mechanism where NATIONAL SECURITY is truly in jeopardy.

Ali Hussein
Principal
Hussein & Associates
+254 0713 601113

Twitter: @AliHKassim
Skype: abu-jomo

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit."  ~ Aristotle

Sent from my iPad