[rpd] New Policy Proposal - "Route aggregation policy (AFPUB-2017-V4-002-DRAFT-01)"

Nishal Goburdhan nishal at controlfreak.co.za
Mon Apr 24 21:23:50 UTC 2017

On 24 Apr 2017, at 14:39, Mark Elkins wrote:

> Looking at the re-wording suggested by the Policy - I seem to remember
> that AFRINIC staff try their best to do this type of thing
> automatically. It may not be necessary to state.
>
> It is however, a good thing to say (try and allocate consecutive
> allocations to LIRs) to attempt to reduce the number of entries in the
> routing table.

that’ll imply some sort of reservation, albeit for a short (how
short?) period.
can the hostmasters comment on whether this is something that they’re
doing in the last /8, or not?   (ideally, before this spawns debates on
the (de)merits of this process.)

i seem to recall a corridor conversation where i was told that this
wasn’t in place anymore, but i welcome an authoritative answer :-)

—n.