[rpd] New Policy Proposal - "Anti-Shutdown (AFPUB-2017-GEN-001-DRAFT-01)"

Arnaud AMELINA amelnaud at gmail.com
Tue Apr 18 14:50:42 UTC 2017

Well said brother.

Le 18 avr. 2017 13:34, "Tutu Ngcaba" <pan.afrikhan at gmail.com> a écrit :

Dear Mr.Mark Elkins,

In south Africa if government shuts yes it shall not succeed as our
politics also different and we big economy which internet is also spread
from telkom to other many isp.

But the ideas of your email is maybe true buy the look like predictions.

Did the Afrinic ever ever not get paid by its customers of IPv4 address
because they did not have the money to pay for the next year because of the
internet shuts?

Does the Afrinic have such report from the customer who was blocked before.?

If our Afrinic is worry about loosing payment from ISP which didnt do
business due to internet cuts after 1 year then the Afrinic is very harsh
and not understanding.

I am sure the Afrinic also not getting payment from some of the member
customers who delay to pay because of other reasons.

This is political issue and shall be resolved through dialog politically
and government is only shutting because of political threat the internet
pose to it not the Afrinic refusal to give the IP address in future because
they will say same IP is what we shutdown so we dont need it.

Maybe you have to ask why government will do it if indeed there is any
loose to them.

Do you know how much sactions the UN put on some countries and nothing
change as political problem is solved by the people through dialog
eventually.

Why we want the Afrinic to create rules which will never works in real life?

Just to make noise, to disturb real discussions about real Afrinic problems
and wast time, according to me.

Regards

Arnaud

Best Regards,