[rpd] New Policy Proposal - "Anti-Shutdown (AFPUB-2017-GEN-001-DRAFT-01)"

Badru Ntege badru.ntege at nftconsult.com
Thu Apr 13 15:03:38 UTC 2017

Hey Joe

The media is a necessary evil that has been used to achieve particular objectives both good and bad.  I have no problem with any media coverage that furthers the good of AfriNIC and the internet as a whole.

Over the 13 years of AfriNIC we have achieved so much, impacted so many lives and seen the continent change in so many ways.  AfriNIC has carried out so many outreach trainings.  I remember when I Sudan where I walked in a class that had more women than Men all amazingly good networking professionals.  And I have seen very limited media coverage.

  The few times that this same media house has focused on AfriNIC is on the negative if not concoted stories.

I think we should be ready to call this out when we see it.

Badru