[rpd] New Policy Proposal - "Anti-Shutdown (AFPUB-2017-GEN-001-DRAFT-01)"

abel ELITCHA kmw.elitcha at gmail.com
Thu Apr 13 08:17:55 UTC 2017

Greetings Alan,

Regarding anti shutdown policy let us be reminded that Afrinic was
established by endorsement of AU member countries and initial funding came
from specific countries. How ungrateful to even think of shutting down
those who created us?

Has Afrinic lost its soul and abandoned its principal objectives of service
to community? What happened to engagement? Is multi stakeholder dialogue
dead at Afrinic?

Come on guys...

> > On 12 Apr 2017, at 03:55, Barrack Otieno <otieno.barrack at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hi colleagues,
> >
> > Interesting proposal, given the role of governments in our eco-system ,
> i would be keen to understand whether the same has gone through the
> AFRINIC  Government working group
>
> No, the AFRINIC Government working group has nothing to do with the
> proposal under discussion.,  The AfGWG is not a decision making body; it’s
> a discussion forum.
>
> Alan Barrett

--Abel