[rpd] New Policy Proposal - "Anti-Shutdown (AFPUB-2017-GEN-001-DRAFT-01)"

Ish Sookun ish at lsl.digital
Thu Apr 13 07:43:49 UTC 2017

Hi SM,

I read https://lists.afrinic.net/pipermail/rpd/2017/006550.html.

I suppose you were searching for the article [1] about "Facebook
censorship" that occurred in 2007, right? I can access it.

Board members of the ICT Authority are "political nominees" that receive
implicit approval of the ICT Advisory Council. From the parliamentary
debates PDF you provided it can be read that the Prime Minister of
Mauritius evaded an important question about the knowledge & experience
in the field of ICT by one board member of the ICT Authority.

The ICTA Authority figured in the newspaper headlines [2] and one
worrying incident is that of the seizure of several servers from the
premises of the authority by the Central Criminal Investigation Division.

[1]
https://www.lexpress.mu/article/maurice-censure-le-site-communautaire-%C2%ABfacebook%C2%BB
[2]
https://www.lexpress.mu/article/289303/affaire-trilochun-que-peuvent-bien-contenir-serveurs-licta

Ish Sookun

I drink coffee and manage Linux servers for lexpress.mu.