[rpd] New Policy Proposal - "Anti-Shutdown (AFPUB-2017-GEN-001-DRAFT-01)"

Kris Seeburn seeburn.k at gmail.com
Wed Apr 12 17:52:17 UTC 2017

Arsene no offence taken and i personally have to admit we are all facing the same one way or the other. For example a friend was in India a few weeks back and thought one of the countries like india promoting net neutrality was unable to even use his Whatsapp. All these issues are combined by all means. Not only shutdowns are such easy way of manipulating the social web. Turn it off and people stop sharing the important discussions.

We should not also forget Egypt at what happened their. As much as we hide our faces these will never get sorted by there ownself. I am not saying that we need to act so forcibly but something that puts government on guard and respect people rights.

> On Apr 12, 2017, at 9:46 PM, Arsène Tungali <arsenebaguma at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> After all no government would want to be told that they are offline because some "Company Ltd" based somewhere in the middle of the Indian Ocean has switched them off (no offence Kris, to the Star and Key of the Indian Ocean... just wearing the hat of some typical African dictator :-).
>
> This section is worth some thinking on a longer run! Thanks Walu!
>
> -----------------
> Arsène Tungali,
> @arsenebaguma
> +243 993810967
> GPG: 523644A0
> Goma, Democratic Republic of Congo
>
> Sent from my iPhone (excuse typos)
>
>> On Apr 12, 2017, at 5:44 PM, Walubengo J <jwalu at yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>> After all no government would want to be told that they are offline because some "Company Ltd" based somewhere in the middle of the Indian Ocean has switched them off (no offence Kris, to the Star and Key of the Indian Ocean... just wearing the hat of some typical African dictator :-).

Kris Seeburn
seeburn.k at gmail.com
www.linkedin.com/in/kseeburn/ <http://www.linkedin.com/in/kseeburn/>