[rpd] Report of the Soft Landing isuue

sm+afrinic at elandsys.com sm+afrinic at elandsys.com
Thu Apr 6 16:21:18 UTC 2017

Hello,
At 05:47 06-04-2017, Noah wrote:
>Suppose a director takes a subjective position regarding a policy
>publicly on the pdp, does that qualify as conflict of interest in
>the event that the said policy is before the board at the stage of
>ratification?
>
>How will the pdp community know that the director or directors in
>question was/were called out by the other Board members since board
>minutes follows a couple or weeks afterwards?

The easy answer to the first question (see above) is yes.  The second
question is about whether the director participated in the
ratification.  The latest Board minutes available is dated November
2016 [1].  I don't think that a participant who is not a Board member
of Afrinic Ltd would know about the ratification if there are
transparency issues.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy

1. http://www.afrinic.net/fr/about/bod/meeting/2016