[rpd] Report of the Soft Landing isuue

sm+afrinic at elandsys.com sm+afrinic at elandsys.com
Thu Apr 6 09:35:29 UTC 2017

Hi Alan,
At 14:28 04-04-2017, Alan Barrett wrote:
>When/if the proposal gets to the point of ratification by the Board,
>any Board member with a conflict of interest would have to recuse
>themselves from voting.  However, it's not clear what would
>constitute a conflict of interest.  I would suggest that a proposal
>author might have a conflict, but a commenter does not have a conflict.

There is a conflict of interest if a Board member of Afrinic Ltd
ratifies a proposal which he/she has written.  It is not clear-cut in
a case where the Board member participates in the discussions about a
proposal.  That case is not an issue if a participant works for a
prestigious company as those entities usually have a code of ethics
for its directors and employees.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy