[rpd] Report of the Soft Landing isuue

Dewole Ajao dewole at forum.org.ng
Mon Mar 27 07:52:27 UTC 2017

The proposal "already in the PDP" (as you put it) deals with a wide variety of areas. That collection of areas has not found consensus. If the authors choose to whittle the proposal down to those areas that the community largely agrees on, the co-chairs would not need to point out areas that volunteers can adopt and put forward.

Although proposals (once submitted to the RPD list) are supposed to be owned by the community and not the authors, the current definition/implementation of the AFRINIC PDP does not promote that enough. I stand to be corrected but I think that is why we find ourselves in this logjam today.

The submission presented by co-chairs a week ago was to allow a chance to do things the collaborative way. A chance to disconnect from whatever sentiments exist and tackle policy issues (which is why we are here).

I fail to see what makes you think the co-chairs are focusing on authors rather than policy.

Dewole.

Sent from a mobile device. Please excuse typos and autocorrect strangeness.