[rpd] APNIC presentation prop-118

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Sun Mar 5 10:18:06 UTC 2017

Hello,

I happen to be in the room during the APNIC PPM. A number of proposals were
discussed before prop-118 with each of them having their total number of
CONFER responders averaging within the 20s but prop-118 averaged in the
40s. That could be because it was discussed much later and there were more
people connected (by the way CONFER allows both on-site/offsite
participation[1]).

However, irrespective of any hypothesis that may ensue, the SIG Chair
already flag early prior to prop-118 the fact that CONFER was a tool in its
trial phase hence it's results were going to be considered within those
realities (paraphrasing)[2]

On that note, situations are different in our region hence our approach may
be different so I will encourage David to put up any policy proposal
forward for this community to discuss. In the long run, it's this community
participating in this rpd that decides irrespective of the
happenings/decision in other region.

I am for one glad that some of our region members are also following other
RIR discussions as it's the way we can be better informed and derive our
independent views (however valid or invalid they might be)

Regards
1. Our community may want to consider it's use case as it concerns remote
participation
2. Anyone further interested can check the video logs on the APRICOT
website.