[rpd] Last call closure for AFPUB-2016-V4-003-DRAFT03 (IPv4 Resource Transfer within the AFRINIC region)

Alan Barrett alan.barrett at afrinic.net
Tue Feb 28 06:19:18 UTC 2017

> On 28 Feb 2017, at 05:59, David Hilario <d.hilario at laruscloudservice.net> wrote:
>

> Hi,
>
> Apologies in advance for all these questions, I just trying to understand the subtleties of AFRINIC policy making process.
>
> How long does it take once a policy is submitted to the board for ratification to be ratified and implemented, does it involved a physical board meeting?

The Board usually meets every two months, and would usually consider policy ratification at its next regular meeting.

> Do the policy documents get updated right away after the board ratification?
>
> And with this particular policy, will it only become active at the same time as a new RSA is published or there will be a time with active policy transfer and RSA contracting it?
>
> And how long for the new RSA to be published?

It depends on whether the policy requires changes in other documents or processes.  In simple cases, policies approved by the Board can be implemented within a few days.

In this case, it would probably take at least two months from community consensus to implementation of the policy, because the new RSA would also need to be drafted and be approved by the Board.  Work on the RSA has already started.

Alan Barrett