[rpd] Afrinic policy proposal?Afrinic Service guild lines

Vladimir Kangin v at kangin.org
Sun Nov 23 12:45:12 UTC 2014

Dear all,

It's a shame to see a battle instead of open friendly discussion. We
also had some "strange" requests to present invoices that suppose to be
confidential and we've manage to discuss it with Arthur Carindal
N'Guessan and rectify it.

I do not know what was the story at Djibouti but in fact I shall tell
you that till that morning I were embarrassed with request from AfriNIC
to share confidential information. Apparently it was not required and
there are a way to provide evidence in a different way.

Therefore I would to emphasize that instead of fighting we better all
work on policy in way that it will work for all of us and would simplify
life for Internet of Things companies and benefit Africa's Internet
development.

Just to add another bite of dust to current situation. IPTP Networks is
a top 100 Autonomous System AS41095 in the world for last 6 years (if
you need more info you can download our corporate magazine at
https://cloud.iptp.net/public.php?service=files&t=1b8eed81c1f6a51d608b19185d01c3a3
We've been delay to enter Africa market for at least 2 years because our
legal/compliance departments are so much confused with AfriNIC Policy,
regulation and other legal aspects of business in Africa. We could be in
Africa and set up a number of POPs (Points of Presence) for benefit of
continent at 2012 while we are almost in 2015 and still working around
weird problems and miscommunications.

Once again I would to emphasize that we shall cooperate to find a
solution for benefit of Internet development in Africa continent. I'll
hope that you can rectify your conflict in the table while all members
of AfriNIC list will get messages with valuable content rather then
reading a "battle stories".

Thank you for you time.

Best regards,
Vladimir Kangin