[rpd] Recruitment of AfriNIC CEO

Douglas Onyango ondouglas at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 11:12:25 UTC 2014

Hi Adam,
On 21 Nov 2014 12:36, "Adam Nelson" <adam at varud.com> wrote:
> Douglas,
> While I think it's ok to let a recruitment agency do some work, Afrinic
can't just outsource the whole thing or there will be a very mediocre pool
of candidates.

I didn't suggest a completely outsourced process. I said that a hybrid of
in-house and outsourced should be used to leverage the strength of both
sides.

Regards,

> I was thinking an ad in the Economist and industry sites/periodicals and
an all hands on deck approach from the Afrinic
secretariat/board/community.  Choosing the next leader is probably the most
important event for the future of Afrinic we'll see for some time.

> -Adam
>
> --
> Kili - Cloud for Africa: kili.io
> Musings: twitter.com/varud
> More Musings: varud.com
> About Adam: www.linkedin.com/in/adamcnelson
>
> On Fri, Nov 21, 2014 at 12:13 PM, Douglas Onyango <ondouglas at gmail.com>
wrote:

>> All,
>> While internal  knowledge of the community is key, I think it may
confines our search team to only the community, which may or may not
deliver the very best candidate.
>> Couple this with admin & and logistical requirements needed to look for
executive candidates in a short period of time and think involving an
agency would be more efficient.

>> My suggestion is to engage a competent agency which can take care of the
logistics  and initial vetting of candidates, they can then forward the
cream to an internal team for a final round of interviews.