[rpd] Re: [afnog] IPv4 Allocations by Length Statistics for 2014

Kofi ANSA AKUFO kofi.ansa at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 08:07:09 UTC 2014

You may be spot on but ...

That will depend if the NETWORK INFORMATION CENTER (NIC) tracks current
types of technology and applications the resources are requested for and do
have data based on that.

As it is now the NIC provides how many of the resources has been released
to members (which is very good) ... but

Could we get more information from the data as to what technology and
applications are consuming the resources?

"Does Afrinic have that capacity internally?  Is it something that maybe
the community should push for as a contractual engagement." - I dont think
that will be entirely out of scope for our RIR - for example if it
maintains coordination with LIRs and national NICs.

Perhaps it should be considered as part of staying relevant to the
community as we approach exhaustion of v4 addresses.

cheers

K.