[rpd] Re: [afnog] IPv4 Allocations by Length Statistics for 2014

Adam Nelson adam at varud.com
Thu Nov 6 07:09:47 UTC 2014

Kofi,

I'm not sure if country data should be relied on.  If a Kenyan ISP launches
a Tanzanian subsidiary with a /20, the allocation will still probably look
like it's from Kenya as far as Afrinic is concerned.  That seems to be the
thrust of many discussions on here - we don't really know where these
assets are being deployed.  Or maybe I'm wrong?

-Adam

--
Kili - Cloud for Africa: kili.io
Musings: twitter.com/varud <https://twitter.com/varud>