[rpd] Re: [afnog] What are the major challenges in enabling Services to run on IPv6?

Ben Roberts Ben.Roberts at liquidtelecom.com
Tue Oct 28 11:39:28 UTC 2014

Wow.  I'm not African but I live in Africa and like Mark and Andrew (who are African) have dedicated the largest part of my career building Networks and specifically IP networks in Africa.

Since it is a green playing field of investment then it’s a great job as we get to deploy the newest technology all the time.  My company has spent several hundred million dollars and about to spend a few hundred more on rolling out more network, Wireless, fibre, data centres to drive internet growth.

While I've done this I don’t think I have spent more than a few bucks on IPV6.  A few training courses, and a bit of practical thinking.

I really don’t see why you wouldn’t want to utilize the full features of the newest technology and equipment that 'We Africans' are laying out.

I'm not an expert in medicine or ebola, nor is my company involved in healthcare.  So I'll leave that to the experts in that subject, if nobody has objections.

Regards
Ben

Ben Roberts
Group Director of Network Strategy
Liquid Telecommunications

Liquid Telecommunications Limited, 6 New Street Square, London EC4A 3BF
T: +44 (0) 20 7101 6100   -   D: +44 (0) 20 7101 6203   -   M: +44 (0) 7880 730 279   -   E: ben.roberts at liquidtelecom.com
W: www.liquidtelecom.com