[rpd] New proposal - "Mandatory requirements for registering assignments and sub-allocations" (AFPUB-2014-GEN-003-DRAFT-01)

ALAIN AINA aalain at trstech.net
Tue Sep 30 19:06:10 UTC 2014

JR,

Looking  forward to this document. In the meantime, i think the problem statement may not be clear enough, even  if i try to understand it that it is about encouraging members to register assignments/sub-allocations in the whois. On the other hand, it's not clear how this policy solves this problem as it fundamentally changes nothing. Yes, i see the change of the "will " to must" and others.

Shall a policy be made  and community approval needed before enforcing the section 4 of the RSA [1]?

Merging a policy with a support document is not a good idea. Support document describes how we do things to comply to policies and evolve over time  with technologies and solutions.

Update the support document  and call for the  enforcement of the RSA  after an awareness period ?

[1]: http://www.afrinic.net/en/services/rs/rsa

--Alain