[rpd] Re: [afnog] A typical case of abuse of our resources!!!

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Sun Sep 21 06:07:06 UTC 2014

Hello Kofi,

sent from Google nexus 4
kindly excuse brevity and typos.
On 20 Sep 2014 19:59, "Kofi ANSA AKUFO" <kofi.ansa at gmail.com> wrote:
>.
>>
>> All am trying to point out to you is simple.... We as a community has
solved so many issues through Policy and By-laws, So rather than waste
loads of time going back and forth...How about you present a solution to
his mailing list and the community through a Draft Policy and we move on
from there....

> And we as a community needs to come out with answers to questions asked
Noah.

What questions were asked that has not been responded to. (Maybe you care
to list them?)

We have existing policies in place and I believe some board members pointed
out that. Hostmasters have also expressed their challenges in some of these
evaluation at meetings.

Great thank you for sending this reminder of the realities on ground; Staff
has always made a presentation of the challenges they face but we the
community have failed to help them by providing policy that further makes
application review process easier for them.

> IMHO Policies stand better chance to be effective when issues such as
these are discussed openly even before they are drafted.

> I am a firm advocate of Policy and By-Laws especially when we are using
democratic mechanisms to enact them.

Good.... Welcome back!

> Perhaps we should also turn to these same mechanisms to address some of
the challenges of allocation of resources.

Okay this is progress, so how about we consider this thread closed and then
you lead by indicating at least 1 challenge and it's corresponding proposal
to resolve it. I am sure the community will be willing to fine tune it to
maturity.

Cheers!