[rpd] Re: [afnog] A typical case of abuse of our resources!!!

Sunday Folayan sfolayan at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 13:17:47 UTC 2014

Dear Kofi,

On 19/09/2014 13:28, Kofi ANSA AKUFO wrote:

> Perhaps the community should be asking you if it is ... Sour
> grapes?
>

>> Come on Sunday lets not resort to personal attacks but rather
>> address there issues in the discussion. Again lets address the
>> issues.

When you alluded to some "So called Management", was I the one
resorting to foul language? I was just trying to let you know that
some people are reading, and they can THINK. Why not take Randy's advise?

> If you have the slightest idea about how we can keep African
> Addresses in Africa for the sake of Africans, bring it on. I will
> support you to high heavens.
>
> Exactly - the first process is learning to ask the right
> questions.

I enrolled, but dropped out of the Ph.D. class ;)

>> Should we be asking "how to keep African Addresses in Africa for
>> the sake of Africans" given the inherent globalization footprints
>> of these internet resources?
>
>> OR
>
>> Should we be asking how to exploit the challenges and impact of
>> current technologies (State of art Data Centers,Virtualization,
>> City Surveillance Systems, R&D etc) which are gradually becoming
>> defacto standards with our Regions Allocations to spark regional
>> development.

No matter the question you want to pose ... show me a solution and I
will advocate it. Again, I joined by asking you to light the candle
and not curse the darkness. You have worked in AfriNIC and know by now
where policies are needed. Why not propose some policy and save us
this rigmarole?

We should not run AfriNIC like some African states, where executive
power does things, instead of the laid down rules. In fact, we should
resist just that. I am a firm believer in the fact that Government
should be of laws, rather than of men.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rule_of_law

I am assuming that all the other issues I responded to, are now
rested, within the confines of your privileged position of being
sheltered in the organization before.

Sunday.