[rpd] WHOIS 2.0

Neriah Sossou neriah at afrinic.net
Sun Aug 31 05:39:48 UTC 2014

Dear colleagues,

We are happy to inform you that on Saturday 30 August 2014, AFRINIC deployed a new code for the WHOIS database, WHOIS 2.0 (v 1.73).

With the deployment of  WHOIS 2.0, AFRINIC's team have implemented two policies that were recently ratified:
	a. No Reverse Unless Assigned;
	b. Anycast Assignments in the AFRINIC region.

We trust that WHOIS 2.0 will contribute greatly to the management of Internet number resources in our region.
Best regards,
Neriah Sossou
Head IT & Engineering, AFRINIC Ltd.
t: +230 403 51 00 | f: +230 466 6758 | tt: @afrinic | w: www.afrinic.net
facebook.com/afrinic | flickr.com/afrinic | youtube.com/afrinicmedia
See you in Mauritius for AFRINIC-21
November 22 to 28, 2014