[rpd] New proposal - "Out-Of-Region Use of AFRINIC Internet Number Resources" (AFPUB-2014-GEN-002-DRAFT-01)

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 10:27:49 UTC 2014

Hi,

On Tue, Jul 8, 2014 at 11:14 PM, Omo Oaiya <omo at wacren.net> wrote:

<good questions snipped>

> Is there any precedence of such a policy at any of the other RIRs?

ARIN is debating a similar question, but the "precedent" issue is a red-herring.

We make our own policies.  We have recently ratified an unprecedented
policy regarding reverse delegation and the sky hasn't fallen yet.

> Is this going to create an issue of RIRs competing with each other globally?

No.  How can a Registry with no more (for some value of "no more" ) v4
resources compete with one which has resources which will last for
several more years?.

--
Cheers,

McTim