[rpd] New proposal - "Out-Of-Region Use of AFRINIC Internet Number Resources" (AFPUB-2014-GEN-002-DRAFT-01)

Fiona Asonga tespok at tespok.co.ke
Thu Jul 10 09:27:29 UTC 2014

Hallo Douglas,

I think it is a good proposal in as far as it ensures resources for the AFRINIC service region are used in as much as possible in the region. I agree with Mark,Frank,Owen postings so far. The policy is filling a loophole that can be exploited to the region's disadvantage.

I would exercise caution on the % deployment ceiling bearing in mind that the process of confirming allocation use takes some time.

Andrew I think we need as a region to do two things which may not be covered in one proposal and require  multi-faceted approaches to solving:
1. Protect resources assigned for use in the Afrinic Service Region
2. To get a way of increasing utilization on the resources within the AFRINIC Service region.

We need a clear guide on both and it may be a bit difficult to have one policy solving both issues.

I support this policy proposal.

kind regards

Fiona Asonga
Chief Executive Officer
Telecommunications Service Providers Association of Kenya/ Kenya Internet Exchange Point
Member Strategic Committee of the Africa Computer Emergency Response Team

NRO Number Council http://www.nro.net/about/number-council.html

ASO Address Council http://aso.icann.org/ac/

14 th Floor, Bruce House
Standard Street

Tel: +254 20 2245 036
Cell: +254 721 713 504

Website: www.tespok.or.ke

“Industry voice in Telecommunications, Providing Policy and Direction
within the Industry and Government”