[rpd] New proposal - "Out-Of-Region Use of AFRINIC Internet Number Resources" (AFPUB-2014-GEN-002-DRAFT-01)

Douglas Onyango ondouglas at gmail.com
Fri Jul 4 16:46:57 UTC 2014

Hi McTim,
On 4 July 2014 16:15, McTim <dogwallah at gmail.com> wrote:
> In general, I can get behind this proposal.

Thanks.

> "c. AFRINIC staff shall at their discretion, and using whatever means
> are available, assess compliance with 3.a/b"
>
> is a bit worrisome.

This requirement is not new,  so I fail to see how/why it worries you.
AFRINIC staff's responsibility to monitor compliance for
allocations/assignments is enshrined in out policies and RSA. This
policy merely adds one more criteria to the list.

> I will wait until the impact on NIC staff comes out to make a final
> declaration of full support.

Same here. I just don't remember how to formally request one.
@co-chairs kindly help with this.